Car Cleaning Hacks – Everyone loves a shining and clean car. Are you absolutely sick and tired of paying for getting your car serviced and cleaned? Why pay so much money when you can do it at home? Sounds like a hassle but it is really not. It is actually a pretty easy way to keep your car looking new all the time.
You pay an average of 6.5 pounds for an automatic car wash service for your car. Sounds like a price that can easily be affordable by everyone who can afford to have a car right? However, why pay for something that you can easily do yourself? In fact, there are some life changing hacks that can help you make your car look awesome without having to even take your car out of the garage.
Most people who choose to buy a used car in the UK are already trying to save up; it is safe to assume this because otherwise they would have gone for a new car. Therefore, knowing creative car cleaning hacks can not only be something that can help you keep your car looking new all the time but in fact you can also save up big time by using your daily household items to keep your car looking new all the time.
Here are 11 car cleaning hacks that you can do at home and keep your cars gleaming and shining at all times without having to spend too much money.
- Newspapers aren’t only good for keeping updated about the news: When you talk about cleaning your car’s windscreen and windows or any other glass surface then you need to try using newspapers for it. They are extremely cheap and the results are outstanding. Using a newspaper to clean your car’s windshield and windows is the most hassle-free and low priced trick that you can use. All you need is some warm water and do not forget to add a little bit of vinegar in it. In case your windshield is extra ordinarily dirty then you can make use of some soapy water or liquid soap. Using this hack will allow you to keep your car’s glass surfaces sparkling clean.
- Your toothpaste is not only good for cleaning your teeth: Most of the times you can’t really figure out why your car’s headlights are not as bright as before. What usually happens is that your headlights become foggy and dirty. Now, imagine something that can be used to fix even the scratches on CDs and DVDs, how well do you think it can help clean your car’s headlights. What you need to do is to apply some toothpaste on a piece of cloth or rag and apply it on the headlight of your car. Use this hack and you will see a considerable difference in the brightness and shine of the headlights.
- Make use of your old makeup brushes: Interior cleaning of your car can be one of the hardest things to do. It is difficult because if you are using a cloth or a rag to clean the interior then you just won’t be able to access the small spaces at all. This is where your used makeup brushes can come in handy. Just make sure to wash the brush and rinse it thoroughly before you use it.
- Use a toothbrush to clean your car seats: Dust accumulates in the car seats quite often and if you are someone who eats in the car then it is highly likely you’re your car seat are going to be home for crumbs. To get rid of all such dirt you can make use of a toothbrush and clean your car seats quite effectively.
- Thorough cleaning of your car seats: If you want you thoroughly clean your car seats and not just dust it of then you need to make use of a homemade mixture of warm water and vinegar and spray it on the seats. Once you have sprayed the seats with this mixture, you then simply have to rub it a little with a dry cloth. Your seats will not only be sparkling clean but they will also smell amazing when you are done as well.
- Eliminate foul smell from your car seats: Sometimes your car seats are clean and do not need any cleaning but they smell bad. In such cases all you need is a little bit of baking soda and you simply need to sprinkle it on the seats. Use a vacuum cleaner to suck up all the foul smell along with the baking soda.
- Have a sparkling clean dashboard: Allow your car’s dashboard to shine with just a little bit of olive oil. A few drops and that is all you need to make your dashboard look as good as new again.
- Clean your tires effectively at home: You can create your very own tire cleaner at home and make your tires look new. All you need is some warm water with a teaspoon of baking soda. Don’t forget to put two teaspoons of dish washing soap. With this your homemade cleaner is ready to use.
- Using Hair conditioner: You don’t use hair conditioner only to wash your hair but you can also make use of hair conditioner to clean your car as well. The results will shock you.
- If it won’t get dirty you don’t need to clean it: You can make use of cupcake liners to keep your cup holders clean. They fit right and save your cup holders to get dirty in the first place.
- Making use of compressed air: You can make use of compressed air to clean your air vents very easily. You can clear the dust quite easily using this trick.