How to Clean your Toilets and Bathrooms Properly
To almost all of us, the bathroom is a place to relax and rejuvenate. However, if not cleaned properly; this is also a highly contaminated place in our houses. If left untreated your toilets and bathrooms can become a potential source of disease transmission. A dirty bathroom is a favorable condition for some of the lethal bacterias to grow and spread.
Besides, a thoroughly clean and perfectly decorated bathroom has a therapeutic effect on the human personality. In fact, a clean bathroom is every human’s basic necessity.
A lot of people are least interested in cleaning their bathrooms, let alone deep cleaning it. However, anyone can deep clean their toilets and bathrooms by simply following some basic techniques. Get more ideas at thebestflushingtoilet
Supplies Required to Clean the Toilet & Bathroom
To start the process of toilet and bathroom cleaning you need certain cleaning tools. Here is the list of the cleaning supplies that you may need during the process:
- A pair of silicone gloves
- Two scrubbing sponge
- A scrubbing brush
- A mop
- A dusting cloth
- A bathroom cleaner
- Disinfecting Wipes
Basic Steps to Clean your Toilet and Bathroom Properly
We have compiled a list of steps that you can follow to clean your toilets and bathrooms. Here is the list:
- Make Your Bathroom Ready for Cleaning: To start the process, take out all your toiletries and place them somewhere else safely. Remove all the towels and trash cans and prepare your bathroom for cleaning. Clear your counters and slabs and place all important items out of the bathroom. Take the shower curtain off, and wash it along with towels. In the case of shower doors, Clean it with a glass cleaner or use baking soda and vinegar paste. Let it sit for some time and then wipe it off.
- Clean The Bowl of Your Toilet First: It is better to start your cleaning process from your toilet bowl. But before you do so, make sure that the toilet is completely dry. Turn off the water supply so that when you apply the toilet cleaner, it is not diluted and cleans the bowl to its maximum. Apply the toilet cleaner and leave for at least 15 minutes for better cleaning. After 15 mins, wear your silicon gloves and scrub the rims and body of the bowl with the help of a scrubbing brush. Run water along with the bowl and remove all the dirt and debris, leaving a clean and clear bowl.
- Clean the Exterior of your Toilet: Most people forget this important area. While applying the toilet cleaner on the inside of your toilet bowl, don’t forget to spray the disinfectant on the outside. After 15 mins, clean the base of your commode, the tank, and the space between the tank and commode with a clean sponge. Don’t ignore the sides of the lids.
- Clean your bathtub: Spray bathroom cleaner on the bathtub inside and out. Leave it for 15 mins and then clean gently with the help of a scrub sponge. Run water inside the bathtub. Wipe away the dirt on the outside with the help of a clean and dry sponge or cloth
- Clean the Walls: Spray the bathroom cleaner on the walls, let it sit for 15 to 20 mins and then wipe it off. To get rid of the stubborn stains, you can apply a mixture of baking soda and vinegar on the walls, leave it for 10-15 mins and then wipe it off. Your walls will start sparkling as new.
- Wash the Sink: Apply bathroom cleaner on the bowl of the sink. Don’t forget the other parts like the outer surface, the faucet, and countertop. In case of floating trough sinks, don’t forget to clean the area underneath the sink as well.
- Clean the cabinets, handles, and vanity: Don’t forget to dust off the cabinets and clean the handles and vanity. The hard water stains and debris could potentially destroy the look of your bathroom. Get rid of the stains and wipe off all the dirt.
- Clean the Mirror: The hard water stains on your bathroom mirror ruin the beauty of your bathroom. Spray the glass cleaner and wipe it off.
- Wipe the Floor of your Bathroom: Once you are done cleaning the rest of the bathroom, divert all your attention to the floor. Apply the bathroom cleaner, spread evenly across the floor, let it sit for 15 mins, and then wipe it off. You can also use diluted bleach to get rid of the stubborn stains or debris.
- Clean your Bathroom Cleaning Accessories: After you are done cleaning your bathroom, It’s time to now clean the tools that you have used. First of all, wash your scrubbing brush and let it dry. Remember, don’t put away any of your bathroom cleaning supplies without washing and air drying properly. It may become the habitat of fatal micro-organisms.
DIY Method to Get Rid of Tough Stains
If you are sick and tired of the tough hard water stains or the debris that has been accumulated on your bathroom surfaces over the years, then don’t worry, we have come up with an easy DIY solution to your problem.
All you need to do is to mix baking soda with white vinegar and apply that paste on the walls, faucets, bathtubs, sink, and all other stained surfaces. Leave the mixture for at least 20 minutes and then wipe it off. You will witness the cleanest and dirt-free bathroom ever.