What is HTML5?
HTML5 is the amalgamation of conventional HTML and XHTML-style syntax with some new features in its markup, New APIs, and error handling. It allows you to include multimedia in your web pages like animation, audio, video, and so on. The main aim of HTML5 is to be easily readable to humans and be frequently understood by web browsers.
The following organizations are in charge of the specification of HTML5:
- W3C: World Wide Web Consortium oversees the implementation of the HTML5 specification.
- IETF: Internet Engineering Task Force controls the development of the HTML5 WebSocket API.
- WHATWG: Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group developed the HTML5 specification and controls the HTML5 development, which provides an open alliance of browser vendors and other required parties.
What features does HTML5 provide?
The following are the features of HTML5 that can help you create a more sophisticated web application:
- Tags: The <article> and <section> tags in HTML5 increase the search engine visibility.
- Forms: The Form 2.0 feature is an upgrade to HTML web forms and includes new attributes for <input> tag.
- Doctype: The new doctype function in HTML5 doesn’t require much work. You just have to write the code and it’s ready to go. The declaration is simple and the browsers can render the pages in standard mode.
- WebSocket: It is the next-generation bidirectional transmission technology for web pages.
- Content editing: The contenteditable attribute helps you to edit your content rapidly and easily.
- Media Support: HTML5 allows you to make your web page more attractive by supporting audio and video files.
- Figure element: HTML5 provides you the ability to add the caption element to an image along with other elements of the image.
What advantages does HTML5 provide?
There were times when HTML couldn’t even handle a simple page layout but we have come far through it. The latest version, HTML5, has many advantages over its previous ones. It
- Supports high-quality videos
- Provides impressive graphics
- Allows to provide the physical location of a user
- Can be used to develop a web application that will work even when the user is not connected to the internet
What is CSS3?
CSS (Cascade Style Sheets) is majorly used for styling the web pages designed using a markup language. In other words, it is used to enhance the appearance of a web page, hence, making it more interactive. CSS3, the latest version of CSS, offers a variety of options during the designing process. The important point to note here is that CSS3 is backward-compatible with its previous versions. In simple terms, the CSS3 features will work on the web pages that use its older version.
What are the useful features of CSS3?
The additional features of CSS3 can help you to make your web pages more interactive and user friendly. The following are some of the features of CSS3:
- Opacity: Provides the feature of transparency to the images.
- Selectors: Provide the ability to select the levels of web pages explicitly.
- Rounded-corners: Facilitate the user to apply the rounded-corners for HTML elements without writing lengthy codes.
- Multi-Column Layout: Allows a user to present his/her content in multiple columns.
- Advanced Animations: Facilitate the user with advanced Transition and Animation capabilities.
- Text Effects and Layout: Helps to provide justification to the text, to adjust whitespace of the document, and to provide style to the hyphenated words.
- Paged Media and Generated Content: Contains additional options for Pages Media (like page numbers, header, and footers) and properties for printing Generated Content.
- First-Letter and First-Line Pseudo-Classes: Includes properties for adjusting space between two characters and for positioning drop-caps.
What advantages does CSS3 provide?
CSS3 provides various advantages as compared to its previous versions. Some of the advantages are:
- It is efficient, cost-effective, and supported by most browsers.
- You can view online videos without the help of third-party plug-ins.
- The use of graphics makes web pages more effective and appealing.
- It positions the navigational elements in a consistent and precise manner.
- You can customize a web page and perform manipulations in the design by simply changing a modular file.
- It reduces the bandwidth requirement of the server, hence, provides fast download and enhances user experience.
CSS3 has improved the presentation of content and has fastened the specification procedure. It is a very powerful tool for any web designer. Although it can only be not appreciated for designing because it only makes the content more appealing. The markup language, HTML5, is the one that structures the web page content. CSS3 in combination with HTML5 can be used to develop and format the structure of the content. The powerful combination of HTML5 and CSS3 provides you the ability to develop a feature-rich website using a very while using an untangled and efficient coding process.
If you are a web application developer, you should know about HTML5 and CSS3. uCertify offers you a course that prepares you for the CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist certification exam. The 1D0-620 certification exam is an industry-recognized, vendor-neutral credential that is proof that an individual possesses the HTML5 and CSS3 web development skills that are used in the IT industries. The uCertify course is completely based on these exam objectives. The course covers various topics like HTML5 essentials, Using Cascade Style Sheets (CSS) technology, introduction to CSS version 3 (CSS3), using HTML5 APIs, and so on. So, don’t forget to check out our course!